Case Study - Design Innovation
Fresh Produce Tray
- To redesign and rebrand transit boxes
- To ensure insulation needs were met to aid chilling
- To retain the heritage of the family owned business
A new design was created which permitted the packs of watercress to be delivered across the UK without damage in robust transit boxes.
Corrugated board with heavyweight fluting was used to insulate the box to ensure the watercress remained chilled.
We used a tray design with a top locking edge and multi-glued base to give rigidity to the box and protection to the product.
The new box ensured product damage was kept to a minimum and remained chilled during transit.
We created an outer print design which emulated ‘wooden planks’ representing the days when watercress was transported in wooden crates
Delivery strategy agreed to support peak growing season and daily deliveries into Waitrose food chain
Facts and Stats:
- Positive feedback received from our customers clients
- Significant reduction in packaging costs
- Niche trial system to test performance in both chill and transit conditions